- The Elevating Transfer Vehicle is an independent rail-mounted unit with elevating an roller deck platform to raise and lower Air Cargo Pallets and ULD containers between interfacing equipment and storage system at all system levels.
- An inverter controlled wire rope hoist system is used for raising and lowering the platform, and an inverter controlled rail drive system provides horizontal movement.
- Hoist motor/gearbox arrangement has an electromechanical brake system to support the load when not at base level.
- Operator controls inside cab.
- Automatic positioning and docking with absolute horizontal and vertical positioning to +/- 1mm
- Fully automatic or semi-automatic operation available.
Elevating Transfer Vehicle (ETV) for ULD storage
The Elevating Transfer Vehicle (or ETV) is an all-electric vehicle designed and constructed to store/retrieve, hold and transfer air cargo pallets and ULD containers up to 14,000 kgs along the length of track. The ETV interfaces with powered interface lanes or friction driven storage decks as required within the Client’s Air Cargo operation.
Horizontal Track Speed
> 120 meters per minute
> 15 meters per minute
Roller Deck Transfer Speed
18 meters per minute
End of Aisle Automatic Slow Down (encoder system).
Emergency Fall Back
Traction drive brake releases
Platform lowering override
Deck drive override
Manual pallet stop activation (where fitted)
Auxiliary towing bars
HMI maintenance override system
The position measuring is achieved using linear encoding systems. The BDP designed control system therefore has absolute positional information in both the vertical and horizontal planes.
The ETV runs on and is guided by floor-mounted double crane rails running the full length of its track.
The ETV structure comprises of a heavy-duty shop-welded base frame and superstructure supported on wheels with heavy duty bearings and split casings.
All wheels are adjustable for vehicle alignment and tracking purposes. Adjustable horizontal (rail) guide wheels are installed at the front and rear of the vehicle.
The elevating transfer deck comprises of a heavy-duty steel shop welded frame suspended from lifting wire ropes used, via the hoisting system, to raise and lower the cargo platform to various interface levels with the cargo storage system.
Non-slip operator walkways are installed between rollers.
Full width guides are installed on both sides of the roller deck, sufficient to allow the ETV operator to pass with a full size ULD or Main Deck air cargo pallet on the deck.
To control safe movements of air freight, photoelectric pallet sensors are installed at each end of the cargo deck platform.
Hard wired travel limit systems are provided at each end of each axis to prevent vehicle overrun.
Emergency stop buttons are located on all 4 corners of the vehicle, at principal maintenance points and at each of the operators control consoles.
2 stage laser sensors are fitted on at the front and the back of the ETV. These are used to detect obstructions within the aisle.
The ETV has automatic safety grab systems (snatch gear). This is integrated into the lifting system to prevent drop of cargo deck and operator cab in the event of a hoist system failure.
Maintenance props are integrated in to the vehicle’s superstructure to enable maintenance to be safely carried out beneath the cargo deck.
An escape ladder is provided for means of emergency escape from operator’s cab should the equipment malfunction in raised position.
The vehicle is controllable by a single operator.
A “key” controlled override system is made available to override normal safety systems. These must only be used in extreme conditions and by a specially trained supervisor.
Traction drives are fitted with manual brake releases to enable ETV to be pushed along the rails. It is an integral feature of hoist system that it could be manually lowered in order to remove freight.
- Non-Powered Roller Deck (GRC)
- Shuttle vehicle
- Truck Dock
- Right Angle Transfer Deck
- Lowering Workstation
- Surface Mounted Drop Bed (No pit required)
- Split Lowering Workstation
- Elevating Transfer Vehicle
- ULD Elevator
- 10ft Slave Pallet
- LD3 Slave Pallet
- Manual Ball Mat
- Manual Caster Deck
- PLC Control Systems